John is not a "trained" Bible scholar. He is not an ordained minister. He has never
been to Bible college or any other sort of seminary. That
bothers many. To others it is a relief. All he asks is
that you don't judge until you've heard a few of his lessons.
However, that being said, through the years John has been associated
with great Bible scholars and has learned a great deal from them.
One of the things he learned from these men is where and how to
conduct research. John has built on that guidance and has put
together a reasonably sized reference library where (along with many
the majority of his time is spent while preparing for the lessons.
Below you can find a sampling of some of the resources that John
uses. We are providing this partial list to assist you in your
own personal study as well as to give you an opportunity to make
sure FOR YOURSELF that John is teaching truth. John always
encourages you to take a personal effort to validate your beliefs.
DON'T JUST BE SHEEP. You have a right to make up your own
mind. God isn't afraid of inquisitive minds. If
interested, many of these materials can be purchased from a very
good website www.christianbook.com. If you can't find the material
there, the "usual suspects" (Amazon, Barnes and Noble etc.) and
their independent affiliates have a surprisingly deep and wide
inventory of Christian and Biblical material.
- E-sword By far and away
John's most favorite resource. This is actually an
electronic resource. It is software that resides on your
computer. The basic interface and built in modules are
free. However, PLEASE consider sending a donation to the
software developer who put in what MUST be hundreds of hours
producing this invaluable tool. There are EXCELLENT
"premium" add-on resources that can be incorporated directly
into the basic interface. Most of these add-ons can be
purchased for very reasonable prices. Visit
www.e-sword.net for more
- The Theological Dictionary of the
New Testament by Geoffrey W. Bromley
- The Thompson Chain-Reference Bible
Frank Charles Thompson
- Thru the Bible J. Vernon
- The Canon of Scripture F.F.
- New Testament History F.F.
- The New Testament Documents Are
They Reliable? F.F. Bruce
- The Westminster Pulpit (10
Volume Set) G. Campbell Morgan
- Pulpit Legends Understanding the
Holy Spirit A Book that was produced containing the works
of two of the worlds great Bible preachers, G. Campbell Morgan
and Charles H. Spurgeon. Available from AMG Publishers
- Exploring Psalms (2 Volume
Set) John Phillips
- Exegetical Commentary on Matthew
- Why Pray? Spiros Zodiates
- Vine's Complete Expository
Dictionary of the Old and New Testament W.E. Vine
- Theological Wordbook of the Old
Testament (2 Volume Set) R. Laird Harris, Gleason J.
Archer Jr., Bruce K. Waltke
- Dictionary of Word Origins
- Word Meanings in the New Testament
- Smith's Bible Dictionary
- The Englishman's Hebrew
Concordance of the Old Testament George V. Wigram
- The Englishman's Greek Concordance
of the New Testament George V. Wigram
- A Guide to the Gospels W.
- NIV Archaeological Study Bible
Available from Zondervan
- The Trinity Evidence and Issues
- A Biblical Case for Total
Inerrancy How Jesus Viewed the Old Testament Robert P.
- Christ in the Tabernacle
- The Tabernacle Camping with God
Stephen F. Olford
- The Peace and Power of Knowing
God's Name Kay Arthur
- The Letters to the Galatians and
Ephesians William Barclay
- The Letters to the Philippians,
Colossians, and Thessalonians William Barclay
- The Gospel of John Volume 1